The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering offers three graduate degrees: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Master of Science in Engineering (M.S.E.), and Master of Engineering (M.Eng.). Students must be admitted to one of these three degree programs. For each of these degree programs, the department offers individualized tracks of graduate study that are aligned with the following research areas:
- Mechanics, Materials, and Structures
- Architecture, Arts, and Archaeology
- Hydrology and the Atmospheric Environment
- Sustainable, Resilient Cities and Infrastructure Systems
- Chemistry, Biology and Technology
- Water, Climate, and Energy
There is also an option to pursue a Ph.D. in Civil and Environmental Engineering and Materials Science that is offered jointly through the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and the Princeton Institute for Science and Technology of Materials (PRISM).