PhD Civil Engineering and Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1995.
MS Civil Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 1989.
BS Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras. 1987.
Honors, Awards, DISTINCTIONS
- 2022 American Academy of Environmental Engineers & Scientists (AAEES) Science Award
- 2022 Steven K. Dentel Association of Environmental Engineering & Science Professors (AEESP) Award for Global Outreach
- Chair, 2022 Gordon Research Conference in Industrial Ecology
- Member, UN Environment’s International Resource Panel (2014 - present)
- Lead Author IPCC Working Group III Chapter 12: Human Settlements, Infrastructure & Spatial Planning (2012 - 2013)
Dr. Ramaswami is an interdisciplinary environmental engineer recognized as a pioneer and leader on the topic of sustainable urban infrastructure systems. Her work explores how seven key sectors - that provide water, energy, food, buildings, mobility, connectivity, waste management and green/public spaces – shape human and environmental wellbeing, from local to global scales. She brings expertise across multiple disciplines: environmental science and engineering, industrial ecology, public health and public affairs, with a human-centered and systems focus.
ENV 343 / CEE 343 / SAS 343 Inequality in India: An Interdisciplinary and Global Perspective
ENV 377 / CEE 377 /SAS 377 / URB 377 Sustainable Cities in the US and India: Technology & Policy Pathways
CEE 598 / ENV 598 Special Topics in Sustainable, Resilient Cities and Infrastructure Systems
Google scholar profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=VKBHZZcAAAAJ&hl=th