PhD Structural Engineering, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, 2002.
MS Civil Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, 1993.
BS Civil and Environmental Engineering, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, 1991.
Concurrent University Appointments
- Executive Committee, Council on Science and Technology
- Program Director, Architecture and Engineering Program, Princeton University
- Associated Faculty, School of Architecture
- Associated Faculty, Program in Latin American Studies
- Head of Forbes College, Princeton University
Honors, Awards, DISTINCTIONS
- Fellow of the American Society for Civil Engineers (ASCE) Structural Engineering Institute (SEI)
- 2016 T.R. Higgins Lectureship Award
- President’s Award for Distinguished Teaching (2012) at Princeton University
- Lawrence Keyes, Jr. /Emerson Electric Co. Faculty Advancement Award given by Princeton University (June 2006)
Dr. Garlock’s research aims to bridge the gap between academia and practice, both as related to advancing the knowledge in structural engineering design and as related to the education of future engineers. Dr. Garlock’s scholarship is in creative and resilient structural design for extreme loads such as fires, earthquakes, and storm surges. She studies these hazards as both as isolated and cascading multi-hazard events. In addition to advancing the future of structural design, Dr. Garlock studies the best examples of structural designs of the present and past. She also has received government funding to study effective teaching of structural engineering to non-STEM majors – as she does through coursework, exhibitions with scale models and instructional displays, and some MOOCs .
CEE 262A / ARC 262A / EGR 262A / URB 262A / ART 262 Structures and the Urban Environment
CEE 262B / ARC 262B / EGR 262B / URB 262B Structures and the Urban Environment
CEE 467 Design & Behavior of Steel Structures
CEE 463R/ GLS263 A Social and Multi-dimensional Exploration of Structures
CEE 567 Advanced Design & Behavior of Steel Structures
CEE 568 Advanced Design & Behavior of Concrete Structures
Google scholar profile https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=Yukey44AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao